20 Interesting fact about China
Updated: Sep 30, 2020
1. China is commonly known as the People’s Republic of China.
2. The Forbidden City is a palace complex in Beijing, contains about 9,000 rooms!
3. China is considered to be the oldest civilization with some historians marking 6000 BC as the beginning of the Chinese civilization.
4. Beijing is the capital city of China is, while Shanghai is the most populated city.
5. With a population of over 1.3 billion, China has more people than any other country on Earth. 6. Ice cream originated in China. It was first invented in 2000 BC when the Chinese put together soft milk and rice in the snow.
7. Every year in the Chinese culture is represented by an animal. Each month of each year is also represented by an animal, and there are twelve specific animals that always represent the months of every year. Chinese New Year is celebrated each year and is a colorful festival that everyone in China celebrates. It is a time of parties, fun, relaxation and family time.
8. Red is considered a very lucky color in China. At one time traditional wedding dresses were even red.
9. China is one of the ancients civilizations.
10. The mortar used to bind the Great Wall’s stones was made with sticky rice !
11. China belongs to the continent of Asia. Bordering countries are Afghanistan, Bhutan, Burma, India, Kazakhstan, North Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Russia, Tajikistan, and Vietnam.
12. There are many different languages that are spoken in China, including Mandarin, Wu, Yue, Minbei, Xiang, Minnan, Xiang, Hakka, and Gan.
13. China has the second-largest economy in the world, right after the USA.
14. The popular giant panda is found near the Yangtze River in China.
15. Fortune cookies are not actually a traditional Chinese custom. They were invented by an employee in the Key Heong noodle factory in San Francisco.
16. The celebration of the Chinese New Year lasts 15 days.
17. The thirteenth floor is usually left out from hotels, buildings, and vehicle license plates, and the number four is not used in phone numbers.
18. The 2008 Summer Olympic Games in Beijing were hosted by China. The 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing were the most expensive in history. They were estimated to cost $40 billion. 19. The number one hobby in China is stamp collecting.
20. The Forbidden City was so named because commoners were forbidden to enter the city. Any commoner who saw the emperor was killed.
to get my free book Tip for traveling with kids Click here